1859 Semlin Drive, Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC
- Property Value$1,599,000
- Property Address1859 Semlin Drive, Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC, V5N 4P9, Canada
- TypeCommercial Drive Character Home
- BasementFully Finished with Legal Suite
- Parking1 car
- Year Built1918
- Taxes$4,878.93 (2016)
- Living Area1,933 sq.ft.
- Lot Frontage40.66 ft
- Lot Depth86.94 ft
- Lot Size Area3,535 sq.ft.
- Bathrooms2 full
1859 Semlin Drive, Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC, V5N 4P9, Canada
Welcome to 1859 Semlin Drive. This beautifully updated Commercial Drive Character Home has been lovingly cared for over the years and retains many of its original features. As you enter this home you’ll appreciate the open-plan living, new hickory hardwood flooring, updated kitchen with high-end stainless appliances, original cabinets and custom built-in office area. On the main level you’ll also find 2 generous size bedrooms with large closets & built-in organizers, as well as a beautifully updated bathroom with heated hexagon marble flooring, new vanity & sink, re-purposed cabinet from the kitchen, as well as the original re-finished claw-foot tub with chromed feet.
On the lower level there is a legal 1 bedroom suite, with separate address. You could keep this as part of the living space for yourself, or substantially off-set your mortgage payments as a furnished rental. *Click the "Rental Info" tab at the top of this page for detailed rental information*.
The top level is accessed by a pull-down staircase which leads to the unfinished attic and is perfect for all your storage needs.
At the rear of the home is a fully finished detached studio with vaulted ceilings & skylight. This magnificent space has endless possibilities… art studio, office, workshop, photography, home business, etc. Also in the west-facing backyard is a huge pergola covered patio which is perfect for entertaining, as well as a low maintenance yard with lush gardens, lilac bushes, magnolia & apple trees. This home is truly a gem. Call now to book your private viewing.
- new hickory engineered hardwood flooring throughout
- new high end gas range
- new high end fridge with double doors, water and ice dispenser and pull out freezer drawer
- new pot filler above range
- updated kitchen with retaining character of original pantry cabinets
- granite countertops
- custom made office nook and shelving (top drawer pulls out for keyboard).
- new hexagon marble tile in bathroom with in-floor heating
- refinished original clawfoot tub with re-chromed original clawfeet
- brand new vanity and sink
- retained original upper kitchen cabinet and repurposed it for bathroom storage cabinet.
- new hickory engineered hardwood flooring
- widened original closets and outfitted with closet organizers.
- attic staircase installed for easy access to storage space with subfloor
- laundry room stained glass window custom made by previous owner, who was a stain glass designer, to match laundry room door
- new water main.
- new wiring throughout
- new high end 2 stage Detson high efficiency furnace (strong enough for any additions to SqFt of house)
- new high-end Navien on demand hot water heater.
- completely renovated front yard landscaping, new fencing, gates, arbour, above ground planters and paths
- back yard, installed stone patio, can also be used as parking space, arbour, planter beds and garbage nook
- side yard, installed stone patio, stairs and planter beds
- trees to note, apple tree, magnolia, white lilac (side of house), purple lilac (back corner).
- legalized and has its own address
- new carpet in main area and new flooring in kitchen
- all new kitchen appliances
- electric fireplace
- custom built-ins
- built-in shelving behind bed is a repurposed post office mailbox cubby.
- repurposed church flooring
- repurposed cabinet from kitchen
- electrical sub panel
- basboard heater.
- Jodie Graham
- Phone: 604.727.5150
- Office Phone: 604-602-1111
- Toll-free: 1.800.668.3369 Ext 703
- Email: Jodie@JodieGraham.com
- Remax Crest (Westside)
- 1428 West 7th Ave,
- Vancouver, BC
- V6H 1C1